Tuesday, November 20, 2007

quilt for an hour



Hi all!

Especially Judy Laquidara, because I got my quilt for an hour quilt done!!  Of course, it from many months past, but it is done!!  I changed it too; I left lots of borders off and I added hand quilting in the outside border.  It is words, and I don't think you can read them, but it is a favorite bible verse.  "Love is patient, Love is kind"...you know the one?  I Cor 13: 4-8...This is my favorite, and I got the bright idea to quilt it into the border of this quilt!!  I also turned my blocks differently, too.  And used only stash, and in colors that I would never normally uses together.  So I like it!!

and I hope you like it too.

Quiltingly yours, JulieQ

7 comments:

Granny said...

Julie, it's beautiful!! Love the colors, love the hand quilting. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Unknown said...

Hi, I usually only read and enjoy the blogs, but after seeing your hand embroidery I just had to write and tell you how beautiful it is. That is one of my favorite scriptures, and you never know how that might help someone down the road who reads it. You did good!

Patricia in central Texas

Unknown said...

Looks terrifc Julie, and what a beautiful scripture to include, one we often need to be reminded of.

Yvonne said...

It looks wonderful....I love the hand quilting. :)

Beth said...

It looks great! You have spurred me on to quilt mine (see you were NOT the last one!) I think I have a Christmas present to quilt 1st...always something! I'm an RN (not practicing tho) too...

jeanette said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I must say:YOU MAKE VERY BEAUTIFUL QUILTS!! I like your style:)))

Norma said...

I love the colors! That is the great thing about these blogs, you see different color combinations that you would not think of yourself. Wonderful idea on the hand quilting too.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...