Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My house is just not big enough for this quilt!

OK, it is done! At least to the flimsy stage...and this UFO bites the dust! It is so big...very big, like king sized!! Dear hubby will like that...and I am glad to be done with circles! I gave away the last of my circles too. Rosie the poodle kept on walking back and forth on top of the quilt top, so I gave up on straightening it up for the picture...it really is pretty straight. :)
I have been stitching on the Pretty Gypsie of fall! At least that is what I think of her...look at those pretty blue eyes, and enticing smile! Isn't she cute? but really...I think we ALL need a purple and green hat with a huge purple ribbon, and a little pumpkin nestled in the brim of the hat! Don't you need a hat like that?? I goofed up a bit on this, but it doesn't bother me in the least...I kept losing count! The hearts are not the same size, and are not straight across from each other. Now these little things would have bothered me in years past, but not at all now...guess I have let go of that part, the perfectionist part...and maybe never had it at all in me, LOL!!


I have been working and such...imagine that! I did not forget the giveaway, I just did not have time to post about it! Random numbers were chosen, and Pat, and Loris! You two are the winners! Please send me your snail mail addresses and I will send you your goodies!!!


Everyone, have a super day!!!



Julie

23 comments:

Leah said...

Great cross stitch, and the quilt looks wonderful. I know how you feel about trying to get it straight for the photo. Quilts in my house are pet magnets. As soon as one goes on the floor the cats and dogs both feel like they need to inspect and test it out. :)

Loris said...

Well, how fun is that?! winner,winner, chicken dinner :-)
Thank you so much for sharing. I will have great fun!
Your bulls eye quilt looks great and your cross stitch is in perfect time for the fall. Lovely work!

Janet O. said...

I think the bulls-eye quilt looks fantastic! Perfect color for the border.
Got a laugh at your post title. I just took a photo of my first king-size quilt for a post and I had to push around the furniture to make room.
Cute little cross-stitch witch! How nice that you have learned to let go of "perfect". I'm trying to get there.

Leeanne said...

Stunning quilt! great setting....on with the next one for you I suppose?

Pat said...

YAY...what fun to win!!! Thanks!!! As for your stitchery and the hearts not being "right" on it, I thought that was the way they were supposed to look....I doubt anyone will know the difference unless you tell them (like you told us). :)

Angie said...

The quilt is gorgeous, Julie---and the Gypsy Witch is cute as she can be! :) I would love to have a hat like hers'. :)

regan said...

The circles quilt came out great! I love it! And the gypsy girl is wonderful.....but I know I DON'T need a hat like that! It would make me think too much of my sister, and she's a nutjob!

I was thinking that if you added a couple tiny hearts within the stars, then they could ALL be "not lined up" and then it was on all purpose! Yay! Just a thought!

Nancy said...

My projects have many "design enhancements" (I refuse to call them mistakes) which make them uniquely mine. It sounds like you are a "designer," too. ;oD

WoolenSails said...

Both wonderful projects and beautiful pieces.

Debbie

Sandra Kaye said...

Oh my -- your circle quilt is just fabulous!!! I really like your color picks too!! Hugs-- Sandie

Unknown said...

I'm sure you are glad that the Bull's Eye is done but it looks great. The Crossstitch is cute and what difference if you missed counting. It's your's you can do what you want.

Amy said...

Your crossstich project is just darling! Yes - I definitely could use the hat and a laugh or two!

Lindah said...

Ah, what a big beautiful quilt! Aren't finishes great?!
Love your halloween gypsy, too. I like the uneven hearts better than if they were all even and matchy-matchy. Uneven/imperfect things are much more interesting. (Maybe that is why DH likes me so much 'cause I'm sure not even and perfect. hee-hee)

AnnieO said...

Glad that UFO is busted! It looks wonderful with that red border.

The witch is charming, miscounted and all :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love that quilt....

Binsa said...

Hello Julie, love your Bull's Eye Quilt and the Cross Stitch....would love a purple hat with a green ribbon to go with my purple dress...Regards, O'faigh

Ullan tilkut said...

Greets from Finland! I love the quilts! Stunning! It's so nice to find other quilters from the other side of the world! :)

Lori said...

Yes, I need a hat like that;)

Your bullseye quilt is fantastic!! How will you quilt such a large quilt?

Karen said...

It is hard to judge by the picture that the quilt is so large but I will take your word for it. I know you are glad to get it to this stage.

Your Halloween stitchery is a hoot! Love it.

Merilyn said...

Wonderful bullseye quilt, and I love the cross-stitch! You have demonstrated a lot of patience to complete it despite the wonky hearts! Beautiful work!!!

Nicky said...

Love all that red! A great quilt - lots of interest - could study it for hours!

Libby said...

Love the lay out you've chosen. Another beauty!

A Garden of Threads said...

Ohmygosh Julie, beautiful quilt. Love Love your witch cross stitch. I could use a hat like that. Thanks for stopping in, it has been a long time since I visited you, I have been so busy, blogging was at bottom of the list to do. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...