Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Monday!

 Hi Y'all!  I found Pinterest; rather, Pinterest found me.  I googled my blog and there it was...a lot of my quilts pinned to Pinterest!  I had no idea who any of these people were that pinned my pictures, but it was kind of fun to see something I made pinned there.   While I was there (if you go, get a cup of coffee...it is addicting!), I found a quilt with rectangular blocks made from strings.  How fun is that!  So of course I need to make them...stat.  Hee!!   I have 96 foundation pieces cut out and am stringing up a storm!!
 Another table runner from the plaid gifted scraps...it is really prettier than it looks...hmmmm....
 And another Barrister's block!  She has a cool thing going...6 inch blocks, every other Wednesday, three blocks per post...and I am really enjoying making these blocks.  See her HERE!
 What to do with the tiniest strings that are left?  Made this.  A tiny little quilt, really, folded in half and a piece of felt sewed down, to hold needles...fun!
I sewed a tiny piece of felt across the middle, to hold the needles, and it really works wonderfully.





Have a great day, all!!


Julie

17 comments:

Barb said...

Fun stuff!!

Janet O. said...

Your new string quilt is a fun design.
I am avoiding pinterest. I barely keep my nose above water as it is--I don't know how you do it all!
Your Barrister's block looks good. I haven't done that one yet. .
Cute little needle keep.

Carol said...

love your string blocks, I have done several. Addicting is putting it mildly! I love the needle keeper as well. But I am not understanding what the narrow strip is for that is sewn across the felt piece? I thought you just would weave a needle in the main felt piece that is sewn into the "book" in the middle. Could you post a picture or explain?

Angie said...

Julie, you just rock, girl! :D

Shari said...

The string rectangles are very effective! And I just love the felt in your needle case. That's a great idea.

Of course my favourite thing on your blog at the moment is your hst quilt - gotta love that pink!

Vesuviusmama said...

What fun to google yourself! And I've not joined pinterest, but I can certainly imagine pinning some of yr lovely stuff if I did - it's all great!

Darlene said...

Wow, Julie, those are super cool. LOL I love the idea of rectangular strings.

Sharon said...

Yes, Pinterest is so addicting! But fun and inspiring!

Karen said...

Those rectangular string blocks are wonderful - I may have to try some myself!!

Leeanne said...

Yes I have been to Pinterest......oh so yummy! it pays to stay away!
I love your wee plaid runner.

Sue SA said...

Cool, rectangle string blocks, why not!

Connie said...

love you string quilt block, i have made a reverseable string block quilt ,one side is is done in blues and the other side is done in pastel color. I love penterest, i have made a new cake recipe every week for our sunday dinner, so far the bananna cake is my favorite, pinterest is addictive!! Have a great day!

Michele Bilyeu said...

I was told that I had something like 300 photos from my blog on Pinterest. I did, and I don't even belong and not one of them had ever asked me if it was ok to copy and pin..which they are supposed to. Ha! Other than that it is like reading blogs. You get fabulous ideas and never have enough to do every thing you want and more ;)

Lois Arnold said...

Pinterest is a LOT of fun. I've been going there for a while. There are so many ideas! Love the rectangular strings and flying geese table runner!

paulette said...

Love the way you see it, you like it, you sew it!! It's THAT easy!! haha
P

Merilyn said...

Love those zig-zag string blocks!!! What a colourful quilt this will be, a fun quilt!!!!

SubeeSews said...

paper foundations? or fabric?
XOXOXOSubee

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...