Monday, February 16, 2015

Four patches and cleaning

 I am playing in the two inch strips and squares bin today.  It seems that four patches are kind of the rage right now, so I will make a few too!  Some of these are pretty muddy looking, and maybe they will go into their own muddy quilt, LOL!!  I like the jewel toned, pretty ones, though.
 I have been cleaning out my sewing closet!  I found this little package of cut out star blocks, with a sample block attached.  Good girl, Julie!  At least I know what all those little pieces are for...four inch stars.
But below?  All these 2.5 inch squares?  I have no clue.  I know that they were something special, but since I did not make a sample block....back they go into circulation...back into the stash to use!!


This is a four patch quilt I found on Pinterest.  It was pinned from the website:   www.kendigquilts.wordpress.com.  Other than that, no quilter is given credit for it, as the quilt is part of a collection and apparently was not labeled.  I really love it!!  It is just simple and lovely.  The quilting makes it even more special.



Have a great day, each of you!!

Julie


13 comments:

Nancy said...

It's hard to beat a four-patch quilt - very traditional. Setting them on point is even better.

Mary said...

Isn't it remarkable the treasures we discover when we clean out our sewing rooms! I never cease to amaze myself at the things I unearth.

Loris said...

I've been cutting and cutting, finally getting my scraps organized. I still have at least another day's worth of work here! I'm joining in with the 4 patch march in some form or another :-)

AnnieO said...

I'm making four patches too! Your little star bundle is cute.

Terry said...

I love that little star block...those are going to make a great quilt! :0)

Sandy said...

I like the muddy blocks mixed in with the bright blocks - makes the eye travel and gives a resting place.

You could almost reproduce that older quilt, Julie. Your fabrics aren't that different.

Kyle said...

I pinned that same quilt from Pinterest. I might have to get on the 4 patch bandwagon too. Love all of yours.

Leeanne said...

Love the four patch quilt you found on Pinterest.

Janet O. said...

You are well on your way to making a 4-patch as pretty as the one you pinned.
I love the idea of putting your sample block with all of the cut pieces. Smart! Some of those projects get buried far longer than our memories can retain! : )

Karen said...

How smart to have a sample block in the baggie with parts for more. I sometimes find cut pieces and can't remember what I intended them for. If I am thinking, I add a piece of paper in the baggie noting the pattern name and book or designer name so I know where to look for info on what I was intending to make.

Ruth said...

I just love how a simple block like the 4-patch can make up into a beautiful quilt!

Donna said...

Your four patches are very pretty, and I love the quilt you showed from Pinterest.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...