Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas evening

 Poor, poor neglected Blockheads blocks!!  Only 15 blocks into this quilt along, and 39 blocks are released.  I laid them all out so I can figure out where I am, and printed out the patterns so I can get this one going!!
 This is a rail fence variation that is cooking in my wee brain...
 The blocks are 8 inches, 7.5 inch finished.  What a weird size!  Next time, I will make them 8 inch finished!  I used one inch red strips and 2 inch white and aqua strips.

Surprise!  Santa brought me a 1/4 guided foot!  I can't imagine how I did without this gadget...thank you, Santa!!!



Hope each of you had a lovely Christmas!!


Julie

12 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg how did you go with out that foot with all the piecing you do.....

Vic in NH said...

Yeay,Santa for bringing that foot!

regan said...

Santa's a pretty smart guy! Yippee! And I love those rail fence blocks! Awesome with the red stripes!

Lori said...

Nice projects! You'll love the 1/4" foot!!

Chantal said...

I love what your "wee brain" is cooking. You must haven been on the top 10 of the "nice" list to get 1/4" foot. And you deserve it so much. You'll piece even faster than before with your new foot. Watch out! Julie is sewing. Enjoy! ;^)

Loris said...

Merry Christmas, Julie! How fun to have a new accessory :-)

Tired Teacher said...

The Rail Fence variation looks great! I must remember that idea. Enjoy the 1/4" foot, and give Santa a big hug and a kiss.

Anonymous said...

You must have been very good this year. ;<)

Janet O. said...

I didn't remember that you were doing your blockheads in purple and green I love that combo!
What a great variation on a rail fence. Very pleasing to the eye.
What exactly is a guided foot? I can't really tell from the photo. I might need one, too! :)

Karen said...

At times, I really like my 1/4" guided foot. Other times, I just sew with the regular 1/4" foot. Good to have a variety of sewing tools to fit the need of the moment.

Kyle said...

Santa knew what you wanted!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have several 1/4 inch feet, for different machines. The only one that doesn't give me a true 1/4 inch seam is for the modern Janome. I have to move the needle over, even with the 1/4" foot, to get a true 1/4" seam. I don't piece on that machine. Too much trouble.

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...