Friday, March 9, 2018

Hand stitching

 I have had some hand stitching time, so I bound all of these little things.  I have a box of handwork that I can just pick up and take with me, to fill hours in waiting rooms, etc., so that is just what I do!! Just little things.
I also got most of the hand blanket stitching done on my Cheri blocks, for the Halloween/fall time quilt.  I wonder if I could get away with adding a silly turkey, and call it a fall quilt, instead of just Halloween!!!?  Maybe not!



Have a super day, each of you!  I was supposed to be the charge nurse today, so I got up at 4:40, to be ready...but they texted me to stay home for a while and be there regular time.  So!  An hour early...means a blog post, folding laundry, and sweeping floors before work time.  Using every minute here!!


Hugs to all,


Julie

11 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Lots of pretty little's!

Tired Teacher said...

I think a silly turkey and a scarecrow would move the blocks into the Autumn category. Your little projects are adorable: I love the tiny baskets.

LintLady said...

Hello Julie,
so cute, this little Halloween blocks.
What do you do with your little quilts?
They look very nice.
Happy stitching , Doris :o)

AnnieO said...

Nice collection of mini quilts there, Julie! Love the new appliqué blocks, especially the cat one. Have a great Friday!

Janet O. said...

The sight of all those little quilts makes me happy.
Hmmm, those blocks look pretty Halloween-ish to me. One turkey may look out of place, unless it was a chicken dressed up for trick-or-treat. LOL
An extra hour in the morning, huh? Pretty sure I would have used it for more sleep. But that is because I never get to bed early enough, I could always use more. :)

Diane said...

Your loss of sleep is our gain! Thanks for sharing the halloween blocks, I just love them. And it's your quilt, put whatever you want on it that makes you happy. :)

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute projects! Waiting rooms are great for stitching.

Kyle said...

Getting all that binding done is a wonderful thing. I haven't had much time for stitching the last couple of weeks. I'm going through withdrawals.

KaHolly said...

All those little finishes add up! They’re adorable. Yay for an extra hour here and there!

Karen said...

I didn't make any of those Cheri Halloween blocks....someday yet to come. Seeing your wonderful blocks reminds me that I intended to do them at some point.

Chookyblue...... said...

Always great to have some hand stitching on the go ......

Puffins and purples!!

I was tempted by Puffins...a squirrelly breed!!  LOL!  This fabric was shared with me, and I have been loved these bright, candy corn colors...